Senior Quantity Surveyor
Battersea Builders based in Battersea specialise in the creation of high-end bespoke homes and developments in premier postcodes such as Belgravia, Knightsbridge and Mayfair.
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work on multiple high end residential refurbishment contracts in central London. All applicants should have a proven background within the high end residential market working for either main contractors or developers.
Suitable candidates must have experience working on several projects with values from £300k to £9million. All candidates should be degree qualified; CIOB or RICS qualifications would also be advantageous.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preparing, submitting and agreeing monthly costs reports.
- Preparing, submitting and agreeing periodic valuations for work completed to date with trade contractors and the client.
- Preparing ‘rolling’ final account and retention release.
- Preparing cost value reconciliation (CVR), creating regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report.
- Managing multiple projects at any one time, in co-ordination with the Project Manager and site teams.
- Measuring and pricing tenders from various levels of information.
- During proposal stage, obtain trade contractor bids, help compile the company information section of the proposal document and collate the overall document.
- Negotiating with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Preparing and monitoring tender event schedules.
- Compiling trade contract bid documents, carrying out tender analysis and issuing purchase orders.
- Placing orders and instructing trade contractors, including compiling subcontracts/works, contracts/trade contracts.
- Assisting with value engineering.
- Assisting to prepare the financial section of the project report.
- Attending design team meetings and trade contractor meetings when required on a project.
- Managing change orders in conjunction with the appropriate members of the project team
please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org